UVA Research Computing provides training opportunities covering a variety of data analysis, basic programming and computational topics. All of the classes listed below are taught by experts and are freely available to UVa faculty, staff and students.
Workshops have been moved to online learning formats due to COVID-19.
Research Computing is partnering with the Research Library and the Health Sciences Library to deliver workshops covering a variety of
research computing topics.
All Upcoming Workshops from UVA Library Research Data Services
All Upcoming Workshops from UVA Health Sciences Library
Course material and exercises are available through a companion site. Feel free to browse classes, tutorials and workshop material and learn at your own pace.
- Advanced Computing in the Cloud
- Advanced Data Manipulation with R
- Advanced Data Visualization with R
- Analyzing 16s RNA Amplicons
- Building Shiny Web Applications in R
- Conditionals and Iteration in R
- Data Analysis & Visualization with Python
- Data Visualization with Matlab
- Databases and How to Use Them
- Docker Containers for Scientific Research
- How to Work With Databases
- Image Data Management with OMERO
- Image Processing with Matlab
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Docker Containers
- Introduction to Git and Github
- Introduction to High Performance Computing (Rivanna)
- Introduction to Highly-Sensitive Data Analysis (Ivy)
- Introduction to Matlab
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to Rivanna
- Introduction to the Command Line
- Introduction to UVA Research Computing Resources
- Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Machine Learning with MatLab
- Next Generation Sequence Alignment
- Optimizing R
- Parallel Computing with Matlab
- R For Beginners
- R Package Development Tools
- Writing in Functions in R
Do you need a specific workshop and have a group of people to attend? Let us know.