UVA Research Computing provides training opportunities covering a variety of data analysis, basic programming and computational topics. All of the classes listed below are taught by experts and are freely available to UVa faculty, staff and students.
|There are currently no training events scheduled. Please check back soon!
Research Computing is partnering with the Research Library and the Health Sciences Library to deliver workshops covering a variety of
research computing topics.
All Upcoming Workshops from UVA Library Research Data Services
All Upcoming Workshops from UVA Health Sciences Library
Course material and exercises are available through a companion site. Feel free to browse classes, tutorials and workshop material and learn at your own pace.
- Advanced Computing in the Cloud
- Advanced Data Manipulation with R
- Advanced Data Visualization with R
- Analyzing 16s RNA Amplicons
- Building Shiny Web Applications in R
- Conditionals and Iteration in R
- Data Analysis & Visualization with Python
- Data Visualization with Matlab
- Databases and How to Use Them
- Docker Containers for Scientific Research
- How to Work With Databases
- Image Processing with Matlab
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Docker Containers
- Introduction to Git and Github
- Introduction to High Performance Computing (Rivanna)
- Introduction to Highly-Sensitive Data Analysis (Ivy)
- Introduction to Matlab
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to Rivanna
- Introduction to the Command Line
- Introduction to UVA Research Computing Resources
- Machine Learning in the Cloud
- Machine Learning with MatLab
- Next Generation Sequence Alignment
- Optimizing R
- Parallel Computing with Matlab
- R For Beginners
- R Package Development Tools
- Writing in Functions in R
Do you need a specific workshop and have a group of people to attend? Let us know.