Highly Sensitive Data (PHI/PII) storage
If you plan on storing highly sensitive data such as PHI or PII, UVA Health System offers a secure encrypted storage for Health System affiliated researchers, students, and staff. "DropBox Sookasa" is a free cloud-based service hosted on Dropbox that can be accessed over the internet on any device. Highly sensitive data such as a HIPAA compliant dataset or PHI/PII must be stored in a Sookasa folder. It can be used to share files between Health System users.
To read more details about the service, please refer to Health System IT's official documentation on Dropbox Sookasa by
clicking on this link.
Requesting your DropBox account
You have to make a request to Health System IT in order to gain access to the UVA HS DropBox Sookasa service.
- Click here to access the request form on the HIT website
- Login using your Health System username and password
- Click on the green colored "Account Request" icon
- Underneath the System menu select "Dropbox"
- Underneath the Role menu select the "Standard Account"
- Fill in your computing ID, and HS email address. You may check "smart select" to verify if your ID is properly entered
- Click "Add to Cart"
- Click "Checkout" after entering any comments about your request