ParaView is a scientific parallel visualizer.
Software Category: vis
For detailed information, visit the ParaView
To find the available versions and learn how to load them, run:
module spider paraview
The output of the command shows the available ParaView
For detailed information about a particular ParaView
module, including how to load the module, run the
module spider command with the module’s full version label. For example:
module spider paraview/5.6.0
||Module Load Command
||module load gcc/9.2.0 openmpi/3.1.6 paraview/5.6.0
||module load intel/18.0 intelmpi/18.0 paraview/5.6.0
Interactive Sessions through Rivanna’s Web Portal
Interactive sessions of ParaView
can be launched through Rivanna’s web portal, Open OnDemand.
To launch an instance of ParaView
, you will begin by connecting to our Open OnDemand portal. Your ParaView
session will run on a Rivanna GPU node. In addition, you need to specify required resources, e.g. time, your Rivanna allocation, etc.. If you are new to Rivanna, you may want to read the Getting Started Guide to learn more about the partitions.
Starting an Interactive Session
- Open a web browser and go to URL: https://rivanna-portal.hpc.virginia.edu.
- Use your Netbadge credentials to log in. This will open the Open OnDemand web portal.
- On the top banner of the Open OnDemand dashboard, click on
- In the drop-down box, click on
- After connecting to ParaView
through Open OnDemand, a form will appear where you can fill in the resources for ParaView
supports GPUs and should be run in the
- When done filling in the resources, click on the blue
Launch button at the bottom of the form. Do not click the button multiple times.
- It may take a few minutes for the system to gather the resources for your instance of ParaView
. When the resources are ready a
Launch ParaView button will appear. Click on the button to start ParaView
opens in your web browser, it will appear just like the ParaView
that you have on your laptop or desktop.
Closing the Interactive Session
When you are done, quit the ParaView
application. The interactive session will be closed and the allocated resources will be released.